Why the name?
I have no idea. I'm really bad at naming things.
Keybase is not part of the Zoom ecosystem and I have concerns about its future.
Do I have any how?
Nope. But I hope at the end it can be something useful.
Where can you find me?
I think everything is listed on efertone.me. If not and you are able to find a new way, feel free to reach me there ;)
Long term goals?
Hopefully a fully self-hosted version of keybase-like solution. With
- Encrypted storage
- Shared encrypted storage between users
- kbfs like integration
- Zero touch with Crypto currencies
- Trustful place to look up public key(s) for a user
- Public key based proofs and identitie It's more about advertising yourself as a profile, but can be useful to connect a profile to different social network accounts, blogs, whatever sites
- Git repository on encrypted storage use Gitea instead, but users are using Keybase's git so can be useful
- Chat 1on1 and maybe group too
Federated logic No, I have no idea yet, but sharing publci keys and files between instances sounds cool and I try to convience everyone to use federated, Free Open Source Softwares (FOSS) like Mastodon, Misskey and a lot others.
Woudn't it be cool if you can host your own instance under your own, control, give others an option to use (or keep it single user) and share files with others who are not on your instance, but in the same federated ecosystem and you can be sure it's encrypted and only the recipient(s) can see the content (file, chat message). Except if their account is compromised (but hey, you have your own instance, your data is safe)